1. It’s bathing suit time
- The combination of vitamin B6 and magnesium in red bell peppers aid in decreasing anxiety. Being a natural diuretic, vitamin B6 is great for reducing bloating.
2. Sunny summer days mean wearing your sunglasses
- Red peppers are also a great source of vitamin A, which promotes eye health.
3. Summer is pepper season and winter is orange season
- A cup of chopped red bell pepper contains nearly three times more vitamin C than an orange—190 mg.
4. More of your skin is showing
- Vitamin C contained in red bell peppers helps to form collagen, a structural fiber that is needed to hold everything together. Collagen is required by your skin to remain healthy and even minor deficiencies in vitamin C can cause skin problems.
5. More BBQs to attend with friends
- The vitamin E in red bell peppers supports the immune system and keeps blood vessels healthy while we gather with groups of friends.
Check out 3 of my favorite summer red bell pepper recipes:
Italian Cauliflower Rice Stuffed Peppers
Easy Roasted Bell Peppers with Feta
Mini Feta-Stuffed Peppers Appetizer