. 2 large ripe peach
∙ 1/2 small red onion
∙ 4 oz blue cheese, I used gorgonzola
∙ 10 cherry tomatoes
∙ 6 basil leaves
∙ 1/8 tsp sea salt
∙ Fresh ground black pepper
∙ 1 cup balsamic vinegar, to make glaze
∙ 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Bring balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat to low immediately.
- Cook for about 20 minutes until balsamic reduces and begins to thicken.
Remove from heat and place in a glass container or jar when it cools.
- Slice peach and cut into cubes.
- Thinly slice onion into half-moons.
- Cut blue cheese into very small cubes.
- Halve cherry tomatoes.
- Tear basil into small pieces.
- To a small platter arrange peaches, onion, cherry tomatoes, cheese and basil.
- Sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze and olive oil.
- Enjoy as a refreshing side dish!