Learn. love. transform.
Apple Pecan “Stuffins”
- 8 slices organic whole wheat bread, cut into 1″ cubes
- 4 small granny smith apples, very small chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 TBS butter, divided
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place bread cubes on a rimmed baking sheet and toast until crisp about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet on medium heat and melt 2 TBS butter.
- Add onion, carrot, garlic, and celery. Cook for 5 minutes until vegetables begin to soften.
- In the same pan add apples and pecans. Cook for about 5 minutes more to soften.
- To a large bowl add the toasted bread cubes, eggs, parsley and broth. Mix until the bread absorbs the broth, adding more if needed. Add onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix in the vegetable and apple mixture. Taste it to see if it needs more seasoning.
- Heat oven to 375F. Fill muffin tin with stuffing. Bake 40-45 minutes for large muffins, or 20-25 minutes for mini muffins.
Back to Blog Homepage