- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pears (very firm, cored and halved)
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 shallots, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 head radicchio (cut in 8th’s)
- 2 heads butter lettuce (torn)
- 1 cup gorgonzola cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly grease two large baking sheets with oil. Cut pears lengthwise into 1/8-inch slices; arrange in a single layer on a prepared baking sheet
- Toss together potatoes and 1 TBSP oil. Season with a little of the salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on second prepared baking sheet with the shallots off to the side. Bake pears and potatoes 15 minutes.
- Toss radicchio with remaining TBSP oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove pears from oven; let cool. Remove the shallots and place in a blender. Toss sweet potatoes. Add radicchio to baking sheet with potatoes. Bake until radicchio is charred and wilted, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make dressing: Blend shallots, vinegar, Dijon, maple syrup, and oregano. Gradually add oil until combined.
- Place butter lettuce on a serving platter. Top with roasted vegetables, pears, cheese, and pistachios. Arrange orange segments.
- Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with candied pumpkin seeds.
For vinaigrette blend together
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 TBSP dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 roasted shallots
How to make candied pumpkin seeds
Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Once it’s hot, add 1/2 cup raw, shelled pumpkin seeds, 2 TBSP maple syrup, ½ teaspoon of coriander and a pinch each salt, and pepper. Stir the seeds constantly until maple syrup is caramelized and seeds are toasted, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer candied pumpkin seeds to a plate and spread them out as best you can. Allow them to cool thoroughly.