Crispy Skillet Latke with Lox and Everything Bagel Greek Yogurt
- 2 russet potato
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 2 Tbsp green onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup whole fat greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp everything but the bagel seasoning
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Peel potatoes and shred on a coarse grater. Place shreds in a thin tea towel and twist to wring out the liquid. Get it all out!
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Place a 12-inch cast iron skillet over high heat and add olive oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cheese, green onions, dill, and black pepper. Add potatoes and stir to incorporate.
- When the oil is shimmering, add the potato pancake batter. Using a spatula, pat it into an even layer while leaving the top a little bit lumpy.
- Cook on the stovetop for 5 to 6 minutes, until the bottom is starting to brown and set.
- Transfer skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- When the pancake seems cooked through, switch to the broiler and cook until the top is quite brown and crunchy.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt with seasoning. Spread on the latke.
- Arrange smoked salmon and onions.
- Sprinkle with capers.
Back to Blog Homepage