- 6 stalks green onion, chop finely
- 1 lb organic fresh baby spinach, chop using kitchen scissors, if leaves are really big remove the long stems
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil, plus 1/4 cup to add to butter
- 8 oz pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 8 oz sheep’s milk feta cheese, crumble yourself
- 1 Tbsp dried dill
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 package The Fillo Factory Organic Dough properly thawed.
- olive oil spray
- 1/3 stick grass-fed butter, melted
Substitute non-stick olive oil spray for all or part of the olive oil/butter.
- Thaw phyllo according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Heat a small skillet on medium low with 1 Tbsp olive oil and saute green onion 3-4 minutes.
- Place all ingredients in large bowl, green onion through pepper, add remaining 2 Tbsp of olive oil, use hands to combine.
- Open box of Phyllo, remove package, do not open wrapper.
- Use serrated knife to cut into 4 inch sections. 1 roll of Phyllo should make 4 sections.
- Work 1 section at a time. Place remaining sections under a slightly damp towel until ready to use. This will prevent phyllo from drying.
- Remove paper, find center and unroll.
- Using one strip at a time, dab with butter/oil along strip of phyllo if using, or spray with oil.
- Place a heaping TBS of the spinach filling about ½ inch above the bottom of the dough.
- Fold dough over filling just barely covering, and begin to fold over in triangles. Don’t worry about being perfect here, the goal is just to keep the filling inside.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and coat with oil spray.
- Repeat until you have used all of the spinach filling.
- Bake at 350 F, approximately 20-25 minutes until phyllo is golden. Serve hot.