“What are some of the things a beginner can do to make their meals more delicious?”
My Cooking with Confidence Club members not only learn to make new recipes each month, but I also share many tricks, new products I love, and many simple tips.
Here are a few of my favorite ideas for adding healthful flavor to your meals.
MAKE YOUR OWN SALAD DRESSING
5 INGREDIENT ”go to dressing” .
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper,
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard,
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar.
- Place in a jar, shake to mix and store in the refrigerator.
ROAST VEGGIES WITH DIFFERENT SPICES AND FLAVOR PROFILES
Mexican: lime, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, coriander, parsley
Italian: garlic, rosemary, basil and parsley, thyme, sage, oregano
Asian: basil, coriander, ginger, cilantro, turmeric, garlic, cloves
Middle Eastern: oregano, sumac, fenugreek, allspice, star anise, lemon grass
- keep peeled garlic in a container in the fridge. Take 5 minutes to peel fresh garlic cloves and store at least 10 in a tight lidded container.
- try different vinegars ie: pomegranate balsamic, white balsamic, apple cider, white vinegar, rice vinegar,
- try different oils, walnut oil, avocado oil, and herb infused olive oil
- add dijon and whole grain mustards to sauces, dressings and marinades
- cook things in layers ie: sear chicken, remove and cook onion and garlic, remove and deglaze pan as an example
- add nuts and seeds and hard or crumbled cheeses,
- make your own croutons,(SEE RECIPE ON MY WEBSITE)
- learn how to visualize whatever you are making as the canvas, then you need to add color(veggies) and the paint(spices and herbs, finish it off with textures(crunch)