14 oz fair trade organic 70% cocoa dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
∙ 1/4 cup roughly chopped pistachios
∙ 1/3 cup roughly chopped pecans
∙ 1 orange zested
- Start by lining a small, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop pecans and pistachios, zest the orange peel.
- Chop the chocolate into smaller pieces if using a large bar.
- Place chocolate into a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave chocolate in 30-second increments,
stirring chocolate each time. It should only take a couple minutes to get chocolate completely smooth and melted. Keep an eye on it so the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Pour melted chocolate onto center of parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread out evenly with a spatula. You’ll want the chocolate layer to be about 1/4-inch thick; don’t worry
if it doesn’t reach sides of baking sheet.
- Next, sprinkle chopped pecans, pistachios, and orange zest on top of melted chocolate.
- Allow chocolate bark to sit for 2-4 hours in freezer uncovered.
- When chocolate bark has hardened completely, break it into pieces using either your hands or a large chef’s knife. Your chocolate bark is now ready to be eaten or stored in an airtight container in freezer for later.