2 lb strawberries
∙ 1/2 cup strawberry jam
∙ 1/2 cup brown sugar, divided
∙ 3 Tbsp cornstarch
∙ 2 tsp vanilla extract∙ 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
∙ 1/2 cup organic all-purpose flour
∙ 1 cup old fashioned oats
∙ 1/3 cup organic unsalted butter
∙ 1/2 cup chopped mixed nuts
∙ 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease an 8” cast iron skillet with butter.
- Cut strawberries into quarters.
- Place the strawberries into a bowl and add strawberry jam, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, cornstarch,
vanilla, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine flour, oats, nuts, cinnamon, remaining 1/4 cup of brown sugar, and
a 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Add cubed butter to flour mixture and use your fingers or a pastry cutter to “rub” butter into flour.
The mixture should resemble coarse crumbs.
- Pour strawberry mixture into skillet and spread in an even layer. Distribute crumb mixture over top.
Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden and bubbling.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream and dig in.